MEET THE SELECTED STARTUPS!
Agenda of the evening:
- 5.45pm: Welcoming of the jury members and selected startups – only open to the jury members and startups pitching
- 6.00pm: Doors opening - open to all participants
- 6.15pm: Welcoming speech by FrenchFounders - open to all participants
- 6.20pm: Startups speed pitching session - open to all participants
- 7.10pm: End of the pitches + Jury deliberation
- 7.15pm: Keynote about AI, by Tristan Mallet
- 7.45pm: End of the Keynote + Winner’s announcement – selected to attend the Grand Finale taking place in New York in September - open to all participants
- 7.50pm: Networking cocktail reception - open to all participants
- 9.00pm : End
About the Startup Tour
For this second edition, FrenchFounders is expanding its ambitions transatlantically, not only by opening its doors to French startups wanting to develop in North America but equally to Americans wishing to develop in France.
The Startup Tour runs from June through September 2018, and includes 6 local competitions (New York, San Francisco, Miami, Montreal, Los Angeles and Paris). The final competition is in September in New York attended by a jury of economic, business and industrial experts.
The jury for the local competitions will be composed of investors, top-executives and entrepreneurs. The finalist of each local competition will be qualified for the finals in New York in September and will have the privilege to be guided by a mentor during the last preparation period.
For the final competition, four prizes will be rewarded to the most promising startups: the People’s Choice Prize, the AAGEF Prize (French Grandes Ecoles Alumni Association), the American Prize and the First Prize.
||We will also have the pleasure to have Tristan Mallet on a keynote about AI at the end of the pitch and during the deliberation of the jury.
A unique opportunity to hear about what is going on in the burgeoning AI ecosystem of Montreal, with a focus on the supercluster initiative.
Tristan is the interim CEO of SCALE AI, the Montreal-based supercluster selected by the Government of Canada in February 2018. 120 partners and several hundreds of millions of funding are mobilized to supercharge industrial supply chains with AI-powered solutions in the next 5 years. Tristan is seconded from the Boston Consulting Group to SCALE AI and IVADO, a partnership between Université de Montréal, Polytechnique, and HEC which aims to bring together industry professionals and academic researchers to develop cutting-edge expertise in data science, operations research, and AI.
- May 23rd – Application closure
- May 31st – Announcement of the startups selected for the local competitions
- June 6th – New York, USA
- June 12th – Miami, USA
- June 19th – Los Angeles, USA
- June 21st – San Francisco, USA
- June 28th – Montreal, Canada
- July 3rd – Paris, France
- September 25th or 26th – Final in New York, USA