INSPIRING DISCUSSIONS ON TECH & INNOVATION
and STARTUP TOUR 2019 : TORONTO LOCAL COMPETITION
with the support of the Toronto General Consulat of France
Conference free and on invitation only
All the information on the FrenchFounders Conference on our dedicated website.
As tech startups start leaving the Bay area, Toronto is one of the big winners with billions of dollars of investment from tech giants such as Uber, Salesforce, Google, Microsoft, Amazon and Netflix. Even the Silicon Valley Bank now has an office in Toronto!
So if Toronto is good enough for them, it's pobably good enough for all of us!
We are very pleased to organize the FrenchFounders Conference in Toronto to connect you with the vibrant community of Toronto, the best-kept secret of the Tech planet. We will welcome 150 C-levels, top-executives, founders and investors.
We will also organise the Toronto local competition of the Startup Tour 2019, co-organized with BNP Paribas. The Startup Tour is a startup competition for french-speaking entrepreneurs willing to develop in the Americas. After 7 weeks of call for application and 270 applications received, we are very pleased to announce the selected startups:
- Jogogo : Stephan Bitton, Co-founder & CEO
- Livescale : Virgile Ollivier, Co-founder & CEO
- Sampler : Marie Chevrier, Founder and CEO
- Systelos : Jad Chelawi, Founder and CEO
- Trendigo : Normand Robitaille, Président
- Wazo : Pascal Jérôme, CEO
The winner of the local competition will be invited to pitch at the Finals organized in New York on September 24, 2019, in front of 500 C-levels, top-executives, scale-ups and investors.
- Rise Toronto as the new Silicon Valley of Canada
- Connect Toronto with business and technology hubs across the world
- Develop cross-border collaboration, business and investment
- 1.30 pm - Introduction
- 1.40 pm - Opening remarks by Kareen Rispal, French Ambassador in Canada
- 2.00 pm - Keynote speech by Fabrice Grinda
- 2.20 pm - Panel discussion: " Data, AI, addressable TV advertising, privacy brand purpose: the new challenge of marketing"
- 3.00 pm - Panel discussion: " Car-sharing, driverless cars, hyper speed trains: redefined mobility"
- 3.35 pm - Networking coffee break
- 4.10 pm - Keynote speech by Alex Tapscott
- 4.30 pm - Panel discussion: "Blockchain: from theory to real-life applications"
- 5.00 pm - Startup Tour 2019: Toronto local competition
- 5.50 pm - Jury deliberation and a keynote speech by Riva Walia
- 6.00 pm - Closing remarks by Marc Trouyet, Consul General of France in Toronto
- 6.05 pm - Announcement of the Toronto Finalist
- 6.15 pm - Networking cocktail
- 9.00 pm - End of the event